Throughout the Bible, we see Egypt presented as a picture of sin. It was a land of great wealth and power, but to Israel, it was a land of captivity and bondage. As Christians, we live in a world that is much like Egypt. The world desires to see us in bondage to its system. Whether you call it the “rat race” or “keeping up with the Joneses”, the world system will only leave you wanting more. Friend, we need to get off that train because it’s headed nowhere except over a cliff.
Instead of letting the world dictate our life, we need to let God have control. Let the Word of God go into your eyes, your ears, your brain and your heart so that it will begin changing you from the inside out. Don’t be fooled by the “riches” of Egypt, rather experience the true riches of God.
Life Lesson: Change the way you think, and you change the way you live.
Give me eyes to see and a heart to receive Your Word. Help me to overcome the worldly way of thinking and instead begin thinking like Jesus. I pray that today would be the day that I change my life by walking in obedience to You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Living to tell what He died to say,
Pastor David McGee
Cross the Bridge
Scripture quotations marked ‘NKJV™’ are taken from the New King James Version®.
Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Scripture quotations marked (NLT) are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2013 Cross the Bridge.
- The Seven Feasts of Israel (Part VII) (bibletim.wordpress.com)
- Mirror Exercises for Peace (thelbdessentialsforlife.wordpress.com)
- You’re a saint- not a “sinner saved by grace.” (andrewejenkins.wordpress.com)
- Egypt’s president says may move to protect nation (foxnews.com)
- Egypt’s president says may move to protect nation (dailystar.com.lb)
- Faith and Works (Biblical Statistics in KJV and NKJV) (marbaniang.wordpress.com)